Monday, August 21, 2017

Nashville: A great nearby weekend get-a-way

If you are a photographer, 2-1/2 hours up I40 is a destination that is really rewarding photographically. Nashville is a very photogenic city. I am not trying to diminish Memphis, it is iconic in many ways with Beale St., the bridges, the riverfront being just a few of the photo ops offered, but Nashville is indeed a favorite among many of my photography friends.

I have gone there several times and have always taken my camera with me. Here is some of the results of those several trips.


A super wide shot of the iconic skyline from across the Cumberland River.


Broadway, the 4th of July 2014


The foot bridge gives great shots of the river tugs


Who can resist the Candy Kitchen on Broadway?


The Parthenon always offers great photo opps!


I absolutely love this tree along the path at the pond in the park near the Parthenon.


It is thoughtful to have a bridge specifically for pedestrians!


Music is the focus on the river front.


The iconic skyline all the way to the State Buildings.


On the pedestrian bridge


The sun starts to set on Music City!

Goodbye for now but not forever.....

No comments:

Post a Comment