Tuesday, August 22, 2017

Lotuses take over South Pine Lake in Shelby Farms Park

One of the biggest pleasant surprises I found after moving to Memphis was the Lotuses that grow in South Pine Lake at Shelby Farms Park. They almost look otherworldly. They made me think of Jurassic Park and the flora of the Jurassic period. For me, they are a visual treat indeed!


Looking into South Pine Lake from the roadway


They really grow large


The warm air and water really allow them to grow


I remember as a kid growing up watching a weekly TV show called Davy Crockett. The song for the show, said that Tennessee was "the greenest state in the land of the free." That ain't no lie!


Yes, that is actually a lake.


From all angles



So serene

It is so starkly different in the winter time. I need to take a photo then and show a lake without the lotus plants.


No comments:

Post a Comment